Why Choose Us?
- Learn and grow through LOTS of play experiences…the way young children learn BEST!
- NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accredited and STAR 4 rated program
- Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum for each age group
- Individualized Instruction based on student’s needs
- Multiple learning centers set up in each classroom with child sized materials and lots of hands-on activities
- Two Parent/Teacher conferences per year
- 45 Day Assessment for families to learn how their children have adapted to the classroom environment (use of Ages & Stages Assessment Tool)
- Two fenced in playgrounds with rubberized play surfaces under climbing structures and a bike path for bike riding!
- Ability to handle food allergies safely
- Children do not need to be potty trained to attend class
- STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, and Math) Enrichment class for 4 and 5 year olds
- Science and Music/Movement Resource classes for 4 and 5 year olds
- Focus on Children’s Authors and Famous Artists in 4 and 5 year old classes
- Field trips to and In-School Visits from a variety of community resources (Shenot’s Farm, Molinaro Farm, Carnegie Museum of Natural Science, Children’s Museum, Pittsburgh Zoo, Gateway to the Arts, Phipps Conservatory, National Aviary, Shaler/North Hills Library and more!)
- Process Art experiences…learning through doing!
- Annual Vision screening
- Annual Speech, Hearing and Language screening
- Weekly Library and Show and Tell activities for 3, 4 and 5 year olds
- Parent Committees (Party, Library, Classroom helper)…lots of ways for parents to be involved with their child’s class!
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO!
We have visits from Community Helpers like the Billy the Bike and Deputy Sheriff Tarap!
2 Lt. Carolyn Sawl from the Perrysville Volunteer Fire Department visited our 2 year old class to talk about fire safety!
We have so much fun when the Shaler North HIlls LIbrary visits our classrooms for storytime!
Gateway to the Arts visits ALL our 3, 4 and 5 year old classes each year!
We hear stories from performing artists who love to sing, use puppets and create art experiences for the children!