Two Year Old Class
TWO-DAY/TWO-YEAR-OLD CLASS – This class is an independent program for children who will turn two years of age by December 31st of the school year. It is offered Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. for the first half of the year. The second half of the year it is offered from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. This class includes language, music, art and motor activities designed to enhance the social and emotional growth of two-year-olds. Gentle separation from home is achieved through fun activities and developmentally appropriate learning experiences in a play environment. The ratio of staff to student is 1:5. This ratio is smaller than that required by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services which licenses early childhood education programs. Children do not need to be potty trained.
TWO-YEAR-OLD CLASS GOALS
Social and emotional growth
Gentle separation from home
Use hands for helping
Play next to friends
Begin to share toys
- Learn to listen for and respond to name
- Learn a basic school vocabulary
- Have many opportunities to talk
- Learn finger plays
- Use words to express feelings
- Move to music
- Clap and follow rhythms
- Sing simple songs
- Use rhythm instruments
- Enjoy all kinds of music
- Use music in transitions
- Experience many kinds of media
- Be creative with paint, play dough, paste, paper, etc.
- Small Motor
- Play with blocks and other manipulatives
- Water and sand tables
- Large Motor
- Lots of large motor activities everyday indoor and outside with bikes, trampolines, climbing blocks, slide cage, balls, etc.
- Dramatic Play
- Dress ups
- Home center kitchen area
Our terrific two’s have fun learning as they play and experience many exciting activities each day.