St. Paul’s Preschool will provide a warm, loving environment in which children can learn and grow. We will reach out to the community to be inclusive, non-judgmental and accepting.
We will support our parents with prayer, information and excellent care of their children. We will help children to learn and live by the principles of honesty, compassion, fairness, peace and love.
Our Program Philosophy & Goals
We believe that all young children can benefit from a developmentally appropriate program designed to help them develop to their full potential. We believe that each child is unique, special and capable of learning. St. Paul’s staff strives to provide each child with the skills and confidence they need to find success and feel pride in being part of the world.
We believe that a developmentally appropriate program provides opportunities for children to choose educational experiences which enhance their growth and ability. It is the goal of St. Paul’s Preschool to provide activities and materials designed to provide experiential “hands-on” learning to achieve the following goals:
- Foster positive self-concept and self understanding
- Developing social skills and ability to function in large and small groups
- Encourage children to think, reason, question and experiment
- Encourage language development
- Encourage physical development and motor skills
- Encourage sound health, safety and nutritional practices
- Encourage creative expressions and music/art appreciation
- Respect cultural diversity
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of their environment
- Achieve a positive separation from home
St. Paul’s staff functions as facilitators to accomplish the above goals. We believe that play is a child’s way of discovery and learning. Children are provided with opportunities to learn through play using techniques as floor time, parallel to group play, creative play and role play.
Parents are an integral part of our program. We believe that parents are their child’s first and most important teachers. Their input and information about their child is continually sought and valued. Parents are involved in every aspect of the St. Paul’s Program.